This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Leeds chapter.

If you find yourself tensing up because you haven’t even started to plan all of the Christmas presents you need to buy this year, then this is the list you need in your life. You will be able to listen to all the joyous Christmas music without worrying about the fast approaching deadline for buying gifts. You still have time to purchase these items, plus – they won’t leave your bank balance in a tragic state.

1.Candles

Candles are a perfect choice because they can make any place feel like home. You can pick one according to your budget, but it will still have the ability to bring an added layer of cosiness and warmth to any room. If you’re an avid Instagram user then you will have seen influencers raving about Jo Malone candles. They’re not wrong. Buy this red rose scented candle and your best friend will be thanking you for transforming their room into a blissful garden. However, these are a little pricey. You don’t have to worry about spending too much though, because Debenhams have got you covered – they are selling sets of candles with the perfect Christmas packaging for a much cheaper price.

(Jo Malone – £47)

(Yankee Candle, Debenhams – £8)

2. Cute Mug

No one would say no expanding their mug collection. They are ideal even when you’re being forced to get a present for your distant aunt out of politeness. You could buy a mug to reflect your family member’s personality; you could choose an adorable everyday mug; or go for a festive option. Each time they drink their coffee or tea, it will make them feel special knowing that you picked it out for them. (They don’t have to know that you ran into Wilko’s in a panic two days before Christmas!). To help speed up the overwhelming process of choosing from such a variety, here are some options. The floral Anthropologie mug will brighten up anyone’s day and you can even buy one with a monogram for that extra personal touch. The Wilko mug has a more minimalist look that would complete a kitchen display.

(Anthropologie – £8)

(Wilko – £1.50)

3. Reusable Bottle

If your relative or friend is always rushing around then a reusable bottle is probably a better option. They won’t have to worry about accidental spillages. Another plus is that many coffee shops offer cheaper drinks to customers who have a reusable bottle or flask. You can even get personalised ones or pick one up from a high street store if you’re in a rush.

(Chilly’s Bottles – £25)

(New Look – £9.99)

4. Planner

Anyone you purchase a planner for will probably be eternally grateful. There is nothing better than giving a gift that will help them to kickstart their productive new year. You may even be tempted to buy one for yourself!

(Ted Baker, ASOS – £24)

(Amazon, £8)

5. Anti-stress Colouring Book (Adult Colouring Book)

If you have a friend who is always worrying and overthinking then this is the gift for them. A fancy, new colouring book is the perfect excuse for them to relax and take a break. Not to mention that it will make them nostalgic for their childhood. The adult colouring book world seems to have expanded and now includes various themed collections. The Harry Potter and Secret Garden colouring books are the popular choices that you can usually spot in various bookshops.

(Waterstones, £9.99)

(Waterstones, £7.95)

6. Skincare products

This will help your friend freshen up their skin in time for the new year. Some staples that everyone has been talking about are the Mario Badescu facial sprays. You can choose between the Glossier soothing face mist or even opt for their makeup products. Instead of these, you could buy a face mask for your friend to indulge in. Lush have a multitude of options with cute names like ‘Cupcake’. It’s also a great excuse for you to visit their fragrant store and spend hours browsing!

(Lush, £8.50)

(Mario Badescu, BeautyBay – £7/£11 (depending on size))

7. Headphones

These are Sony headphones. They are on the less expensive side of things as headphones go, but they still get the job done. If you are ready to splash out the cash then you could choose to buy airpods or even Beats headphones. If your friend is a regular gym goer then these earpones are perfect as they are designed to stop falling out during exercise.

(Sony, John Lewis – £12.99)

(Sony, John Lewis – £34.99)

8. Laptop cover/sticker

BENI sell cute decals that can be stuck on the front of your laptop to give it a unique touch. Alternatively, you could get a laptop case for your friend who is probably tired of having to lug their laptop to lectures.

(BENI – £12)

(Skinny Dip – £10)

9. Cookbooks

If your friend loves cooking then these are the books that will help inspire them even further. They look just as lovely arranged on the kitchen counter!  

(Amazon – £13.34)

(Amazon – £24)

10. Pyjamas

These are a step up from the socks you usually end up buying in a last minute panic for the cousin you forgot about! The wonderful penguin and cactus print options are just a snippet of the vast range that you can browse through. This year, opt for the warm PJs as a perfect choice for your relative and don’t worry about having to give them socks for the fifth year running!

(Marks & Spencer – £15)

(Marks & Spencer – £15)

Aneeka is currently doing an MA in English Literature at the University of Leeds.