The Plight of the Single Girl- Men’s Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Le Moyne chapter.

Hair is one of the first things I notice about a guy.  It tells you a lot about who the guy is.  I like a guy who takes care of his hair.  I hate when a guy just lets his hair go, he doesn’t brush it, he doesn’t wash it regularly — it is a mess.  I hate that.  I feel like there is a nice balance between messy and Ryan Seacrest.  It’s a turn on if he’s got that slightly messy but clean and taken care of look.

Long hair is very hit or miss with me.  I feel like a lot of effort needs to be put in for it to actually look good.  Rock stars, some movie stars and a handful of male models look good with long hair.  They also have the benefit of stylists and a whole team of professionals with styling tools that would intimidate even me.  For the real men, long hair just never quite works.  It isn’t practical.  Can a guy with long hair ever fit in at a family wedding?  Although I do like that he would understand how much shampoo I go through.

Believe it or not, I can dig the bald look.  A lot of guys can pull it off.  Not all guys can but a select few can and should embrace it.  I really like the bald look if he has a little bit of scruff going on.  In general, I like a little bit of scruff on a guy.  I think a lot of women like the slightly scruffy look.  Since we are on the topic, No Shave November takes advantage of this.  I believe that I speaking for most girls when I say, it needs to end.  It really is just an excuse for guys to be lazy.  It doesn’t look good to the point that it is a little disgusting. 

Most of all, I hate when it’s full of product and you can see the comb marks.  I am not sure that guys realize how much a lot of women care about a guy’s hair.  If you have a bad haircut, I will not be able to stop looking at it.  Hair frames your entire face.  That bad haircut may become the only thing that I remember about you. 

Coffee addict, obsessive Mets fan, movie geek, shoe collector, Hypochondriac, fan of all things Tiffany, closet comic book geek (well, not anymore...), member of Political Science Academy, CMM Club, and Future Cat Ladies of America (which may or may not be a real club).