We all enjoy flowers for their aura and appearance. Yet, when it comes to flowers, they are often short-term and can be expensive when constantly being bought and replaced. This list is organized by the longest-living plant to the shortest-living plants, so keep reading to find out the four top-cut flowers that will save you both time and money. 

1. Orchids

These elegant flowers have a timeless appearance. These beauties represent luxury and strength. When taken care of, these flowers can live lively for several months. You can also propagate the remaining buds and grow even more beautiful orchids! 

2. Chrysanthemums

November’s flower of the month is the chrysanthemum. These flowers represent loyalty and devoted love. These flowers are a little more work, from changing the water to trimming the plant, but they live longer based on the quality of care they receive. This large petaled flower can last for about a month when well cared for. 

3. Carnations

In the United Kingdom, carnations are a favorite. They symbolize admiration and affection. This flower is also favored because of its long life span of 3 weeks. As long as the water is changed and the leaves are removed from the water, you can save the planet!

4. Dahlias

Due to their strong floral character, dahlias represent elegance and creativity. Similar to the other flowers, this flower’s lifespan depends on the care for it. It can last for several days after it’s cut, or perhaps over a week or so.

Jade Diaz

Lasell '23

Jade is a Junior at Lasell, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. She adores figurative art, and enjoys being creative in any way possible. One fun fact is that her dog Finn, is named after a Star Wars character named FN-2187.