Style

Thanksgiving Outfits Inspired by Your Favorite TV Show Characters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Thanksgiving is this month, and many of us are looking forward to seeing how extra we can dress-up… even though we’re only going to the living room. For inspiration, observing our favorite characters in their Thanksgiving episodes gives us some great styles to emulate.

1.The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, “Talking Turkey”, Season 1, Episode 12

Spending Thanksgiving with the Banks family brings in Hilary Banks stylish closet. In this episode, she is seen wearing a red suit. Later on in the evening, she changes into an off-shoulder black dress. Both outfits are done with her lovely short 90’s curls and long earrings. Suits can be dressed down or dressed up, and dresses can be styled in so many ways

2. Carrie Diaries, “Endgame”, Season 1, Episode 6

While Carrie tries to take over Thanksgiving dinner, you simply must admire her Thanksgiving outfit. Young Carrie elegantly wears an 80’s green dress, that’s paired with purple leggings and her bouncy curls. This is definitely a fun and cute look to recreate or to base similar looks off of

3. The Mindy Project, “Thanksgiving”, Season 1, Episode 6

Mindy spends her thanksgiving at the dinner her friend Gwen is hosting. She attends the event wearing a black rhinestone dress made by Rebecca Taylor. The iconic “Hot Mess” dress has her standing out from the rest of the members in this Thanksgiving episode. If, like Mindy, you too want to stand out in rhinestones this Thanksgiving, there are tons of showstopping options out there. 

4. Gilmore Girls, “A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving”, Season 3, Episode 9

During Rory and Lorelai’s outgoing Thanksgiving, they layer their holiday outfits with some solid peacoats. Rory strides through this episode in a dark red long coat, paired with some black gloves. For a lighter approach and some contrast, Lorelai layers up with a light beige coat and pairs it up with some black gloves as well.

Jade Diaz

Lasell '23

Jade is a Senior at Lasell, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. She adores figurative art, and enjoys being creative in any way possible. She is sneaker- obsessed and loves the world of fashion. One fun fact is that her dog Finn, is named after a Star Wars character named FN-2187.