Thankful for our Fellow Her Campus Chapters… Hope Cordes from U Michigan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This week, the Lasell University Her Campus (HC) chapter as well as other HC chapters across the country (and beyond!) banded together to get to know one another, interview each other, and celebrate what we are all thankful for. Thanksgiving is coming up, and that means it’s the perfect time to appreciate and talk about all of the big and little things in our lives that make us happy each and every day. 

My HC partner was Hope Cordes, who attends the University of Michigan. The University of Michigan (or UMich) Her Campus chapter is comprised of about 75 members, one of whom is Hope! Hope is a freshman who uses she/her/hers pronouns and is in her first year of membership with Her Campus. Currently, Hope has an undeclared major but is thinking about majoring in PPE, which is politics, philosophy, and economics and minoring in Spanish. 

So far for Her Campus, Hope has written one article about Taylor Swift’s new album Red: Taylor’s Version. This article is a must-read, as it’s super well written and full of the kind of joy that exudes from Hope in any conversation you have with her. I’m super thankful that she’s going to be writing for HC UMich in the future, and I can’t wait to see what she writes next! 

Getting to know Hope a little better is something that I am definitely thankful for. She is a sweet, fun-loving girl who loves her family and friends. The top things she’s thankful for include her very supportive parents, who embrace whatever it is that makes Hope happy; her fun-loving, laughter-filled friends who she shares some of her most cherished memories with; the smooth transition she recently made from high school to college; dogs!!!; any type of ice cream (it’s her favorite food!); and music.

Attends Lasell University and is currently a senior (class of 2023). An elementary education major with a minor in child and adolescent studies. A proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, I love the color yellow, crocs, and all kinds of tea!