This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

My playlist is constantly changing. Mainly because I love myself some trending TikTok songs, but also because I like multiple music genres. However, I am not too crazy about country or rap. I’ll admit it. I am not the biggest music fan. I don’t care to actually listen to an artist’s albums or learn more about the artist to understand the message and meaning behind their music. I’m just going to be listing off some of my current favorite songs that I have on constant repeat. 

Calm Down by Rema 

This song has the ultimate chill vibes, which is honestly a no-brainer when it comes to my music taste. This song has a good blend of everything that makes music so good. I can literally play it whenever and wherever. This song, although a new addition to my playlist, reminds me of going for drives during the summer time. When I listen to this song I feel like I don’t have a single care in the world. This song is a great stress reliever. 

Yo Voy (feat. Daddy Yankee) by Zion & Lennox

If you ever need a song that will make people want to move around and dance, this is the song. I don’t speak Spanish and this song is entirely in Spanish and yet I still want to scream the lyrics of this song every time it plays. I literally have no idea what this song is even about but I love it regardless. 

Pepas by Farruko 

This is hands down the best club song that is known around the world. This song is perfect for going wild and forgetting about all your issues. My favorite part of this song is how everyone will be chanting the lyrics the best that they can even though it’s not an English song. This song could easily be the peak song of the night. It is a certified crowd pleaser. I haven’t met a single person that doesn’t like this song. 

Late At Night by Roddy Ricch

I don’t know if this song is old or not, but it’s new to me. I’ve also never even heard of Roddy Ricch before. However, this song is great. I love the chill alternative vibes. Lowkey, I will forget that this one is even playing but for some reason I need to keep this song on my playlist. 

golden hour by JVKE

It’s just one of those feel-good TikTok songs. I think that the lyrics are really cute and simple. It makes you appreciate the more simple things in life, like being able to enjoy sunsets. Sunsets are one of my favorite things in the world, so this song just makes me happy. 

C U Girl by Steve Lacy

I couldn’t write this article, curate this list, and not put Steve Lacy on it. This guy is mastering TikTok audios and his sound is all over my for you page. If I really wanted to, I could add at least three more Steve Lacy songs to this playlist, but I refrained. Gotta have some self-control. 

Megan Curley

Lasell '23

I'm a senior double-majoring in Hospitality and Event Management with a minor in Marketing. My hobbies include being obsessed with Formula 1, camping, and trying new things.