This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With the somewhat return of post-pandemic normalcy, the thing I looked forward to the most was seeing live music. I’ve been an avid concert-goer since middle school, and was totally crushed when I had several canceled due to the pandemic. Since the start of my junior year of college, the combination of live music coming back and my proximity to Boston has given me the opportunity to start being able to go back to concerts. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to attend five shows this school year, and that I get to write about these experiences!

1. Dreamer Isioma 

Back when I was trying to find more shows to go to, I was searching through the website of the venue of another show I had tickets to, Sonia, and stumbled upon this show. The name looked familiar, and it was an artist I had found through TikTok a few months earlier. Their song, “Sensitive”, had blown up on the app and led me to find more of their music, which I really loved, and tickets were only $15. My friends and I got there about 30-45 minutes before doors opened, and were only the third group in line, so we were able to secure spots right against the stage. Dreamer put on such an amazing show, and even came out by the merchandise table after the show and we were able to meet them! Since the venue was so small and we were so close, I was able to chat a little with the keyboardist, Saint Lewis, and he gave me the setlist off the floor of the stage to remember the show by. I’m definitely going to keep my eye out for the next time Dreamer comes to the Boston area.

1. TV Girl

This was a show I had been waiting on for a long time! I’ve been a fan of TV Girl since I was 14, but whenever they came to Boston they would tend to play 18+ venues only. When I finally turned 18 and they had scheduled a Boston show, I got tickets immediately, but it ended up being rescheduled and eventually canceled due to covid. At last, they had scheduled a show, and I was able to go to this long-awaited concert. I had a good friend, who originally introduced me to the artist, come up from New Jersey to see them with me. The crowd was a little rough, but that is always a risk with general admission shows. The music was great, and I loved their opener, Jordana, who they had recently released an EP with. This show definitely lived up to my expectations!

1. Beach Bunny

Beach Bunny was an artist that I listened to a little bit, but not so much that I would seek out going to a show. However, my sister needed someone to go with, and I liked them enough that I knew I would enjoy it. When we got there, we were a bit behind in the line, but when we got in we were able to secure a few spots right at the edge of the upper balcony, which ended up being a great view. The opener was really fun and got the crowd going, and then Beach Bunny was amazing! Hearing the music live made me love it so much more, and I’m a lot more into their music now. It was also really nice to be able to go to a show with my sister and bring her into Boston.

1. Still Woozy

I’ve been into Still Woozy since high school, so I was super excited to see them go on tour. I went with a group of friends, and it ended up being one of the best shows I’ve been to in awhile. If you know Still Woozy, you know that a lot of their album artwork, which is all created by the artist’s girlfriend, is very vibrant and colorful, and those vibes definitely translated into the show. Still Woozy was full of energy and it made the show so memorable! Also, the post-show burrito I ate after this = unmatched. 

1. Briston Maroney

Briston Maroney was my most recent show, and it was a great finale to my year of concerts. The crowd was super nice, and I was able to chat and make friends around me during the show, which always makes it so fun. Briston was super nice and really connected well with the crowd. The crowd also matched the energy of certain songs really well. For example, his song “June” is a slower one, and it was an indescribable experience to hear the whole crowd sing it. 

Overall, I really enjoyed all the shows that I went to this school year! I have my eye out for the next time all these artists come to Boston, and I can’t wait to see new artists as well!

Kyra is a senior at Lasell University and is an elementary education major. She loves to hike, bake, and work with her students at daycare.