This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

During this chilly winter, layers are a must in order to keep warm! Not to mention, it can also be really cute to bundle up. Keep reading to find out the five statement pieces I believe will keep you stylish and warm this season. 

Grey & Mocha Scar

This flexible scarf has been one of my favorite accessories for this cool season. It’s functional yet fun and comes in 2 different neutral colors. One side of this scarf is soft grey color and the other is a warm mocha brown. Not only does this scarf provide some much-needed warmth, but it’s also just super cute. 

Rhinestone Embroidered Star Sweater

After watching the Selena series on Netflix, I fell in love with her use of rhinestones. While shopping at TJ-Maxx, I noticed a star embroidered rhinestone sweater on a rack. As soon as I saw it, I immediately thought about a whole rhinestone outfit. Instead of just wearing a plain black sweater, try sparkles on to shine like the beautiful Selena Quintanilla-Pérez this winter. 

Sand Color Thrifted Boho Jacket

My soft sand jacket has convinced me to love the color tan. The top collar and inside fabric is a soft white fur material. When the sleeves are folded upward, it gives a modern early 2000’s look. When the sleeves are folded down, it also can be seen as a 70’s boho piece! If you’re looking for a neutral-toned jacket to keep you warm, this one’s for you!

Floral Satin White mask

Not only is this mask beautifully embroidered, but it is handmade from an Etsy shop called LoveandSerenity. The floral satin fabric reminds me of a luxurious floral table cloth at the royal palace. The material has multiple layers for covid-friendly precautions and has adjustable straps for face fitting. This mask will definitely elevate your winter wardrobe. 

Avocado Coin Purse

My avocado coin purse is one of my favorite statement accessories. It brings a fun vibe to any outfit that I wear. I’m trying to also incorporate fun items into my style, lessening the seriousness that fashion tends to hold onto. The bold greens and shiny avocado pit creates an amusing look. If you’re looking for a cheap yet quirky way to update your winter looks, try out a funny coin purse! 

Let me know in the comments below if you’d try to style any of these pieces! Stay warm!

Jade Diaz

Lasell '23

Jade is a Senior at Lasell, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. She adores figurative art, and enjoys being creative in any way possible. She is sneaker- obsessed and loves the world of fashion. One fun fact is that her dog Finn, is named after a Star Wars character named FN-2187.