Introducing Me: Hannah Paulo

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Hi everyone, my name is Hannah Paulo and I’m an elementary education major with a minor in child and adolescent studies. I’m in my junior year of college at Lasell University in Newton, MA. I currently call Andover, MA my home, but I was born in Ledgewood, NJ, and have also lived in Naperville, IL as well as Westerville, OH. When I’m off-campus, I live at home with my mom, dad, younger brother (19), younger sister (14), and my dog, Lady. When I’m on-campus during the school year, I live with my two best friends and my emotional support guinea pig named Gio. 

This semester is absolutely crazily busy for me, but I love every minute of it. It’s so nice to have so many things to do and people to see, especially now that this year everyone is back to living on-campus. Here at Lasell, I work for the Center for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while also being a math and education tutor in our school’s Academic Achievement Center. Outside of Lasell, I have a retail job at the Kohl’s near me. Extracurricular-wise, I’m a member of the Honors Program as well as the copy editor for Lasell’s chapter of Her Campus, the treasurer for Habitat for Humanity, vice president of Pride, vice president of the Tomorrow’s Teacher’s club, and a member of Empty Bowls and the Random Acts of Kindness club. 

Currently, I’m also a student teacher this semester. I’m in a first-grade classroom once a week, and I adore every minute of it. I’ve always thought that I wanted to teach either third or fourth grade, but now that I’ve had experience with younger kids, I’m leaning towards wanting to teach first grade. 

Class-wise, I’m taking five courses this semester. They are an education course where the focus is on teaching students who are English language learners or whose first language isn’t English; an English course focusing on literary studies; honors and English course hybrid where we examine stories of origin; a science for educators class where we get to create lesson plans for elementary-level science while also making sure we have mastered the content; and finally, another education course focused on teaching reading and literacy. 

So yeah, that’s pretty much me! I hope you enjoyed getting to learn a little bit more about who I am, what I’m passionate about, and what I do here at Lasell.

Attends Lasell University and is currently a senior (class of 2023). An elementary education major with a minor in child and adolescent studies. A proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, I love the color yellow, crocs, and all kinds of tea!