I Tried Overnight Oats and Here’s What I Think...

If you’re anything like me, then Instagram ads always grab your attention. Over the summer I was scrolling through Instagram and noticed an ad for a company called Overnight Oats. I watched their ad and was immediately intrigued. I’ve never been a fan of oatmeal but something told me this could be a great way of getting myself to eat breakfast especially BEFORE I go to class (and not at 2 pm) like usual. After visiting their website for more information, I decided to order their starter kit which comes with the shaker cup and 3 oatmeal mixes of your choice. I went with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana flavor. I wouldn’t say that I had high expectations for the product, but I had high expectations.

I read some reviews before ordering. Most were positive. People had mentioned how they loved having their oatmeal ready to go without having to actually spend time cooking it. They also mentioned how they loved the flavors. The rest were not so great. Many people had complained about the texture of the drink. I can understand why considering the mixture has oats that you are drinking. To be honest, this turned me off a bit. I wasn’t going to give up on it just yet though.

My starter kit arrived within two weeks of ordering right before I moved back to school. The night after moving in, I prepared the mixture so that I could have it for a class in the morning. I left it in the fridge overnight and woke up to breakfast ready to go! That was the best part for me. I loved that my breakfast was ready for me to grab n’ go. I walked into my living room and opened the top of the bottle for the first sip. To say that I was disappointed was an understatement. The flavor was not the best. And of course, the texture was awful. After that first sip, I flushed it down the toilet. I could not believe it was that bad.

Overall, if you don’t mind the texture, then you should try it. If you’re like me and you’ve never been a major oatmeal eater and you don’t like the idea of the texture, then don’t try it. Just stick with your regular breakfast.