Gilmore Girls walking through Fall Festival
Warner Bros. Television
Life > Academics

How to Rory Gilmore Your Way Through the First Few Weeks of the Semester

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Are you already feeling overwhelmed, and it’s only three weeks into the semester? 

Well, in the spirit of fall and academia, I am here to give you some tips and tricks on how to start Rory Gilmore-ing your way through the semester! 

Get your checklist on!

If you are a Gilmore Girls fan you know how much Rory likes her checklists. I know most tips say to get a planner, digital or physical, and while I agree, sometimes you just need more structure. Like, a new way to focus on the present tasks at hand. I found this checklist notepad on Amazon that I think Rory definitely would have had in that yellow backpack of hers. This checklist is great because you can really prioritize and categorize your studying! 

Caffeinate like a Gilmore!

In the words of Lorelai, “This is a jumbo coffee morning, I need coffee in an I.V.” Coffee isn’t everyone’s style, so pick your poison, and stock up. There is no such thing as too much caffeine… At least when you’re a tired college student trying their best. 

Romanticize StudyingIf all else fails, pretend you are THE Rory Gilmore and live your academia dreams. Grab your caffeine, turn on some tunes, and hit your campus library. If it gets really bad, bust out those classical tunes baby, because no one will care if you’re pretty if you fail your finals according to Rory. And if you are still struggling, then the only motivation I have left is a threat: Go kick this semester’s a**, or feel the wrath of Mrs. Kim.

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!