Her Campus Lasell’s Favorite Pop Culture Moments

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Ariana Huckabey

Her Campus Lasell’s Editor in Chief immediately answered Met Gala: Heavenly Bodies. The 2018 Met Gala was an elegant show of fashion centered around “Catholic imagination”. Anna Wintour’s event included stand-out looks from Blake Lively, Rihanna, Chadwick Boseman, among so many iconic looks. 

Julia Laplante 

The release of the Divergent book series was this English major’s favorite pop culture moment. This series had the teen dystopian fiction genre in a chokehold at the time. 

Ceci Woods

The lifestyle YouTuber era of 2014-2016 was Wood’s favorite moment. Some of the most popular YouTubers in that space were Alisha Marie, MyLifeAsEva, and Bethany Mota. They filled our subscription boxes up with over-saturated Night Routines, DIYs, and Life Hack videos. 

Anna Wall

The President of Her Campus Lasell chose the biggest controversy of 2015. The iconic Dress Debate divided audiences. Some people saw a blue and black dress, while others saw white and gold. What did you see?

Alexis Grant

The active drama of the Kimye Divorce is our event director’s favorite pop culture moment. After Kim Kardashian filed for divorce on February 19th, 2021, their drama has been all over the news. As they are each seeing new people, Pete Davidson and Julia Fox, the paparazzi cannot get enough. 

Julia McNicol

There have been many iconic Superbowl moments. The dancing Left Shark of Katy Perry’s half-time performance is Julia’s great pick. The awkwardly dancing shark left to Katy Perry led to many laughs and memes for years to follow. 

Yali Medrano

The Tristian Thompson/Khole Kardashian cheating drama is my editor’s favorite pop culture moment. Tristan cheated on Khloe right as she was about to give birth to their daughter. He was even caught making out with Kylie Jenner’s best friend, Jordyn Woods. 

Kyra Dolan

The assistant social media manager for HC Lasell chose the Lana Del Rey/Azealia Banks Twitter beef. After Lana Del Rey called out Kanye West for his support of Donald Trump, Banks fired back at her for attempting to be “politically aware”. At one point in the feud, Del Rey told Banks to “Pull up anytime. Say it to my face.” The burning question is still on everyone’s minds: Did Banks ever pull up? 

Millie Rose

“Miley What’s Good” beef between Nicki Minaj and Miley Cyrus is this writer’s favorite moment. At the 2015 VMAs, when Nicki Minaj was accepting her award, she took a shot at Miley Cyrus, “And now, back to this b**** who had a lot to say about me the other day in the press: Miley, What’s good?” The iconic call-out led to a multitude of memes. 

Isabelle Conway

My favorite pop culture moment is Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s exit “Megxit” from England. After an iconic wedding and years serving the royal family, they left England for California. The tell-all interview with Oprah was a revealing moment.

Isabelle is a Sophmore Elementary Education major at Lasell! She also is working towards her minor in History. On campus, Isabelle is involved in HerCampus, Habitat for Humanity, Tomorrow's Teachers, and Empty Bowls. Her hobbies include yoga, listening to Taylor Swift, and thrifting!