Cara Difabio-Girl Looking At The Side Fall
Cara Difabio / Her Campus
Style

Fall Thrift Must Haves to Search For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

The fall season is all about warmth and comfort. For those you love to thrift or want to try thrifting, it can get confusing. We often go in and don’t know what to search for. Or we might have trouble finding clothes for our fall wardrobe. Here is your guide on clothes to keep an eye out for while you thrift.

Leather jackets

It’s getting chilly so let’s cover a cool feeling with a cool jacket. Leather jackets are classic outwear to make your outfits popping! You could wear it with neutral tops, jeans, belts and so much more.

Beige or Brown Pants

This season is all about the comfort of all mocha flavor colors. Why not add some light browns to comfort your closet. Bootcut, straight jeans, cargo pants, and many more styles are waiting for you in their comforting shades.

Black Skirts

A fall favorite is a color black. Especially during the spooky season. All the gorgeous goths and witches adore this color in their styles. Or lovely people whose favorite color is black. Black skirts are a classic for autumn. These can be paired with a long vintage coat or high knee socks. 

Graphic T-shirts

Some outwear pieces look better with a graphic t-shirt underneath. There’s a wide selection of shirts at these stores. Pick the best one that shows you and pair it with your favorite coat or sweater.

Any denim jacket

A classic denim piece can be added to any wardrobe for warmth and style. Often in thrift stores, they have a wide selection of one-of-a-kind pieces. You might be lucky and find a customized jacket! Or you can take one home and customize it to your interests. 

Vintage Coats

Keep an eye out for those one-of-a-kind pieces. You are one of a kind, so let’s dress like it! Some examples in this category are classic blazers, pea coats, button-ups and designer pieces.

Sweaters…Duh

You wanna stay warm right? Be on the lookout for any comfy sweater that pleases your eyes. Styles like knitwear, cable knits, cardigans, and more. From funky colors to bold pieces to basics, there’s a wide selection to choose from.

Boots

High knee, combat, gogo boots, and many more are waiting for you. Also, search for boots with animal print colors like cheetah print and cow print. Boots with sequins, fringes, and other funky styles will be waiting for you.

Any Clothing That Has the Fall Color Palette

We’re talking browns, reds, oranges, and many more. For a deeper dive of the fall colors of 2020, look for clothing with colors like red wine, celery green, almond milk-white, burnt orange, and military olive green. 

Whatever Makes You Feel Good!

If you feel good in it, you’ll look good. That goes with anything you choose to wear. You are the one wearing it, so it’s gonna look lovely on you in every way!

Jade Diaz

Lasell '23

Jade is a Senior at Lasell, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. She adores figurative art, and enjoys being creative in any way possible. She is sneaker- obsessed and loves the world of fashion. One fun fact is that her dog Finn, is named after a Star Wars character named FN-2187.