Bostonian Apps

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

​​The nice thing about being a Boston native is that there is always something to do. Whether it be from the endless amount of restaurants to discovering amazing concerts or discounted shopping places, Boston offers a lot. However, when it comes to fitness, relaxation or finding a blow dry bar, they are often quite hard to find. Thanks to the wonderful advancements in technology, we are now able to book a hair appointment or even find the nearest fitness studio and classes simply by downloading their apps! Below are three apps that offer just about anything for women. 

​Be Styled

A nice thing about Be Styled is that it focuses primarily on blowout hair appointments. Also when you first open the app, it asks “What would you like to do?” Not only can you easily book and change an appointment, but you also post pictures. Be Styled has three locations in Massachusetts which include, Chestnut Hill, Wellesley and Lynnfield. If you are sitting in traffic, the nice thing about Be Styled is that it also accessible by either iPhone and also on the Android markets. The hairstyles that Be Styled offers are also quirky and great, such as “Be Soft” or “Be Swanky.” This app is great for that average day women that are constantly on the go. 

E​xhale

With the Exhale app, not only can you also book appointments, but you can also view workshops and classes in areas near where you are. The app gives you a detailed schedule of classes and also a brief introduction into what the class is going to consist of once you decide whether or not to book that class. Another nice thing about Exhale, is that is syncs right into your calendar on your phone so you never miss a beat or so you end up double booking yourself.

B Tone 

B Tone fitness app offers women the ability to view class schedules, sign up for classes, and view studio information. Not only is B Tone only available in only a few selection locations in Boston, but the app creates for an overall unique workout experience. Similar to many of the apps mentioned above, the B Tone app also offers a contact button, scheduling options and unlike the one’s up above, B Tone offers a bus services section. You can be be sitting in the middle of traffic and feel the urge to hit the gym and luckily with the B Tone fitness app, you can do just that. 

I am a college freshman at Lasell College. I am studying Communications with a concentration in Journalism. I love fashion, music, working out, and trying new things.