The Best Student Discounts You’re Missing Out On

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Working as a college student, especially during a pandemic, can be super rough. Even though I’m living off-campus, I only work half the hours I normally would during the school semester compared to during breaks or summertime. With the costs racking up for textbooks, gas, and much-needed study break snacks, we can use all of the much-needed discounts and deals we can find. I’ve compiled a list of my favorite student deals, broken down by category. 

Subscriptions

My personal favorite is bundling Spotify premium, Hulu, and Showtime all-in-one for only $4.99 per month. Not only is this cheaper than any one of the individual programs, but you’d be saving $22 per month if you were to purchase subscriptions for all three services individually. If Spotify isn’t really your thing, no worries. Apple Music also offers a student discount on their subscriptions to pay $4.99 compared to the normal $9.99 per month. Finally, as someone who has desperately needed two-day shipping on a 10-foot charger while at school, Amazon Prime is a college student’s best friend. Lucky for us, an Amazon Prime membership is free for the first 6 months, and only $6.49 per month after that. That’s only half of the regular price! 

Art and Entertainment

The Boston Museum of Fine Arts provides an amazing deal to students from certain colleges. If your school is on this list, you can visit the museum for free as often as you’d like. I’m not saying that this information helped me pick my school, but it definitely didn’t hurt my decision! Just 10 minutes away is the New England Aquarium, which will knock $2 off your admission fee when you show them your student ID.

Student Discount Memberships

Why go through all the work of asking every place you go to if they offer a discount for students when you could just get an app to do it for you? There are several apps that verify your student ID and host lots of businesses’ student discount offers. The two best options for this are Student Beans and Unidays. These are amazing apps that will definitely save you lots of money this school year!

Kyra is a senior at Lasell University and is an elementary education major. She loves to hike, bake, and work with her students at daycare.