Best New Rom-Coms to Watch on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As Valentine’s Day rolls around the corner, rom-com season is upon us! You should definitely plan to cozy up and watch some old and new romantic comedies by yourself, with some friends, or with your partner. Grab the popcorn and fall into the season of love!

In the 1990s and early 2000s, there were so many iconic romantic comedies, from 13 going on 30, How To Lose A Guy in 10 Days, and She’s All That. In recent years, truly iconic romantic comedies are few and far between. The era was really the golden age of romantic comedy movies as they took over movie theaters. Today, there are hardly any romantic comedies in theaters anymore as streaming services have taken over the world. However, there are many new rom-coms quickly becoming classics. Here is my list of some of the best romantic comedies in the more recent years by streaming service…

Netflix

1. Set It Up
  2. To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before 
  3. To All The Boys: P.S. I Still Love You
  4. To All The Boys: Always and Forever
  5. Someone Great
  6. Holidate
  7. The Week Of
  8. Desperados 
  9. Always Be My Maybe
  10. Bonus TV Series: Young Royals
  11. Bonus TV Series: Heartstopper

HBO Max

1. Crazy Rich Asians

Hulu

1. The Hating Game
  2. Crush
  3. Love, Simon

Amazon Prime Video

1. La La Land
  2. The Map of Tiny Perfect Things
  3. The Lost City
  4. Marry Me

I hope this list helps you find a new film to get you into the Valentine’s Day spirit! Enjoy your movie watching!

Isabelle is a Sophmore Elementary Education major at Lasell! She also is working towards her minor in History. On campus, Isabelle is involved in HerCampus, Habitat for Humanity, Tomorrow's Teachers, and Empty Bowls. Her hobbies include yoga, listening to Taylor Swift, and thrifting!