Fashion

5 Fashion Staples to buy from the Thrift Store

Thrift shops can be great for finding unique pieces. However, the next time you are shopping second-hand make sure to stock up on some basics in your closet. Here are five staples you can add to your closet…

1. Oversized Tees

Check out the men’s section and find the funniest oversized shirt you can find. They are great to pair with biker shorts, leggings, or jeans. If it is hilarious, you are likely to get a bunch of compliments. (Ego boost!) They are also amazing as pajamas. 

2. Flannels

At thrift stores, you can often find high-quality flannels for an inexpensive price. You will often find both light and heavy flannels. These are perfect for the fall weather. Additionally, flannels are great to wrap around your waist. They are always a reliable staple to have in your closet. 

3. Rings

Wander over to the jewelry section of your thrift store. Rings are often expensive, so purchasing them at thrift store prices can be a steal! Rings pair great with almost every outfit, so pick up some statement rings or thin-banded rings. 

4. White Collared Shirt

The white collared shirt, short or long-sleeved, is perfect for layering. These shirts look fabulous under a sweater vest, crewneck, or jacket. Typically, many thrift stores have a plethora of these shirts. 

5. Jackets

Jackets and coats are often the most expensive clothing items. Obtaining a jean jacket or winter coat at a lower price is a great staple to have in your closet. They pair great over so many of the pieces you already have in your closet.

Isabelle is a freshman Elementary Education major at Lasell! Her hobbies include yoga, reading, and drinking iced mochas with oat milk!