jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens SaO8RBYC0bs unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lafayette chapter.

We set out to write this article with every intention of reviewing all of the hot dog stands in the Lafayette area, but, you know, life got in the way. Granted we almost taste tested Toby’s Cup but were too scared to pull in. It was a scary shack that wreaked of food poisoning. Either way, Jimmy’s Doggie Stand reigns superior in the hot dog community. So here is our glowing review of Jimmy’s hot dogs.

If you’ve ever courted a girl and wondered where to take her, Jimmy’s has your back. If you want to take a quick vacation out of Pennsylvania, Jimmy’s is your haven. If you’re down on your luck and need a pick me up, go to Jimmy’s. If you’re a lover of scenic overlooks, look no further than Jimmy’s. Overlooking the Delaware River (someone fact check that), Jimmy’s provides you with breathtaking views of murky water. The classic red, white, and blue color scheme reminds you of a childhood visit to Coney Island, but in Phillipsburg, so similar but different. The comfort of the outside seating area and the sleek minimalist lines of the picnic tables truly makes you forget you are in Jersey.

Jimmy’s attracts crowds from all over ranging far past Easton, PA. A man once told me that he went kayaking along the Delaware river for the sole purpose of getting Jimmy’s hot dogs. To quote this Jimmy’s fan, “The best freaking dogs I’ve ever had.” To quote an Easton local, “I agree.” I don’t go into New Jersey a lot, but when I do, it’s for Jimmy. There’s nothing like a good hot dog and with summer right around the corner, I almost wish I could stay in Easton for Jimmy’s. If my future husband doesn’t let Jimmy’s cater our wedding, there will be no wedding.

Now let’s get into the food. When you walk up to the stand, an angel appears behind the counter and pulls open the window to take your order. The voice of God, Morgan Freeman, asks what condiments you want and does not skimp out. Then, in an exchange more powerful than the Louisiana Purchase, the angel hands you a bite of Heaven for only $1.25. The bun can only be described as abundantly plump and the dog itself tastes like “the nectar of the gods from that Percy Jackson thing,” to quote Meghan. After tasting this devine comida, you will realize that one is not enough. Buy a hot dog to go and you’ll be set for life, granted the second hot dog is always a mistake.

So Jimmy’s please sponsor us (free dogs for life??) and cater Meghan’s wedding.

Deuces,

302 Rubin baby

Meghan Lyons

Lafayette '22

Currently working on my twitter game
Krystyna Keller

Lafayette '21

Creating things since '98 Campus Correspondent for HC Lafayette