This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at La Verne chapter.

Homecoming Weekend is a huge thing for the University of La Verne. Alumni, prospective students, current students and even the community of La Verne join in the weekend’s festivities to celebrate the university and everyone who had made it their home.

The celebration kicked off with a small dinner on Friday night where the homecoming court were able to mingle with members of former Leo Royalty! Alumni were reunited, and everyone enjoyed a night of coming home to the university.

Saturday was the big day! The Street Fair began at 12pm, and every club and organization were spread out along Third St. The theme was Homecoming of Angels, and the booths were all decorated like famous Los Angeles tourist spots.

The best decorated booth and best decorated homecoming float had a special prize: money to the club account! Psi Chi won best booth, and SACC won best float.

I loved seeing all the booths set up with all the free giveaways they had! A few notable ones were cute emoji keychains from the Dance Team booth, snow cones from Sigma Kappa, sand art from CAB, portable fans from ASULV and ALL THE FREE FOOD.

I was busy hosting my own booth from my job, Spotted Pig. Spotted Pig is the university’s student philanthropy campaign that encourages students to collect their change and donate to the Student Emergency Loan Fund. I decorated it as the LA Zoo!

After the Street Fair was the Tailgate. Many of the Greek organizations had their own thing going: ice cream from Sigma Kappa, donuts from Sigma Alpha Epsilon, and of course: beer! I am not 21 yet so unfortunately I was not able to join in on the festivities. But my friends sure had a lot of fun there!

The football game was the ultimate event we were all waiting for. The Leopards scored their first touchdown in the second quarter, giving us hope in having a chance to win our homecoming game! Unfortunately, the team was not able to get any leads after that touchdown. However, the La Verne spirit was still in the crowds and in the special performances that the Dance Team and the Cheer Squad did during halftime.

Overall, my homecoming weekend was great. I was able to enjoy this whole weekend with my friends and fellow Leos!

Much like the Disney character, I don't let society define who I am & I always do what I think is right. Communications/Public Relations major, Class of 2019 at the University of La Verne. I aspire to learn from the best to better serve the world we live in by creating clear messages for the public.