Christmas Makeup Shopping- the Do’s and Don’ts of the Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Louisiana Tech chapter.

As the Christmas season is right around the corner, makeup brands love to bombard shoppers with “Holiday specials” and intricate new pieces specially tailored for holiday shopping. Moving through the sea of new products can be completely overwhelming, especially for shoppers looking for the perfect Christmas gifts for friends, roommates, or coworkers. For me, having a list of products to pick and choose from makes the process far easier, so here’s a list of Christmas products I’ve found from both Ulta and Sephora that are perfect for holiday giving!

Tarte Sugar Rush – Cake Butter Whipped Body Butter Trio

For the person who loves moisturizers and lotion, this set is absolutely perfect as a Christmas gift! With three varying scents, these products could be broken into three different presents or given as one complete set. The three lotions are sugar cookie, apple pie, and peppermint respectively, which are perfect for the holidays! The set in total is only $18, so it is very budget friendly for college wallets! 

Benefit Cosmetics Minis Van Holiday Value Set

This little bundle is a perfect gift for a girl on the go! With three valuable travel-size products, this set can be both a great present for others and for yourself! Sephora also has two other bundles for sale, each going up another $10 in price. This set is $20, so it is once again budget friendly and easy to purchase!

Too Faced Limited Edition Christmas Star Makeup Collection

Christmas palettes are a common product to find in the market these days, but this one is a special treat. The palette has twenty eyeshadow shades and five face shades, with both glitters and mattes included. The collection also includes a lipgloss and mini mascara. At $44, this product is more expensive than the previous two, but the set includes more product and you get more bang for your buck!

Tarte Chrome For The Holidays Set

These four chrome shadows are a great way to dress up and celebrate the holidays! This small collection is a great gift for makeup newbies and novices alike. All four shades are glitter, but each one can range from basic to bold depending on the application! This product comes in at $24, which is still affordable and brings in great variations for eyeshadow lovers.

Ulta Glitteratzi 6 Piece Liquid Eye Liner Kit

For an eyeliner lover like me, this would be the perfect gift from my roommates or friends! This kit comes with six different eyeliner shades, five shimmers and one black matte shade. Each eyeliner is smaller and travel sized, making it easy to pack a few shades for options while on the go! Once again, this kit is affordably priced at $14, making this a great small present for makeup lovers to experiment with.

While these are only a few of the products out on the market, be sure to go and explore to find what’s perfect for you this holiday season! Happy holidays and happy present hunting! 

Kristen Bastin

Louisiana Tech '20

Technical Writing and Creative Writing student at Louisiana Tech.