This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kutztown chapter.

Now that the main Thanksgiving feast has come to a close, the real festivities begin. Creativity in the kitchen for some is all about plating and design, but for the rest of us creativity comes with making leftovers into new meals. Don’t just settle for the same reheated dishes; rejuvenate them with some of these ideas.

Everyone’s familiar with the old classic, the turkey sandwich. Instead of settling for the same plain turkey and white bread, try sprucing it up with a seeded rye or whole grain bread. Try it open-faced with hot turkey and gravy to make the bread soft, or keep that sandwich style and add a few toppings, like sprouts and cranberry sauce spread. Don’t be afraid to use those trial and error skills.

Have extra mashed potatoes? Try a potpie style mix of mashed potatoes, turkey, and green beans heated in a casserole dish, and if you’re feeling up to it or have spare piecrusts, bake it with a crust as well. If not, serve it with biscuits and gravy on the side. Add in stuffing or spices to give it more flavor and texture.

Not feeling like more heavy food? Transform leftover turkey into a soup instead. Use vegetable stock and noodles and add in shredded turkey and season to taste to make the basic chicken noodle style. Scallions, leafy greens like kale or spinach, and spices like red pepper will give it more substance and flavor. (Tip: if you’re definitely into something a little heavier, try putting that leftover turkey into a chili instead)

With a few extra baking ingredients, you can also turn your sweet potatoes into pancakes for breakfast. Or, if you’ve got a waffle press…well, you know what to do. Instead of syrup, try adding baked marshmallows to the top or cranberry sauce to satisfy your sweet tooth. Make these breakfast beauties into lunch by pairing them with turkey and other savory leftovers.

Leftovers are a magical thing, and these are just a few options in the expanse of recipes available to you and your extra Thanksgiving foods. Instead of just eating all the same things this year, why not spice up your dinner, lunch, or even breakfast options? The Internet is filled with easy ideas and recipes, so go ahead and search for something that sparks your fancy. Or, just stick to the same old same old. There’s nothing wrong with the classics.

Short, but with strong climbing ability. Adventurous eater. Lover of literature and art. Probably tired.