This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Name: Omar Rana

Twitter: @starhawk88

From: Tulsa, Oklahoma

Age: 20

Birthday: 27 September (Happy birthweek Omar!)

Year: Junior

Graduation Date: May 2016

Major: History

Minor: Business and Public Policy

Relationship Status: Single

Interested In: Men

Hobbies: I am extremely active in a lot of things at KU, so that keeps me busy. However, I love zumba, singing, and honestly, just laying in bed and watching Netflix is awesome too!

Involvement: I’m Vice President of Delta Lambda Phi, Student Senate (First Nations Student Association senator and secretary of the Multicultural Affairs committee), SUA Special Events committee member, Rock Chalk Revue assistant to theatrics, KUnity marketing coordinator, First Nations Student Association senate rep, South Asian Student Association, and I’m starting my own organization, but that will be a surprise! ;)

Q: What are your future goals?

A: I want to go to law school and hopefully, become a lobbyist someday.

Q: How would you describe yourself?

A: I am very energetic and always on the go. I love meeting new people, and I’m really interested in what everyone has going on in their lives.

Q: What’s your favorite feature on a person?

A: Adventure! I feel like too many people are too afraid of what others will think to really put themselves out there.

Q: What do you like in a guy?

A: I like a guy who is completely different than me. I don’t like guys that are as outgoing or as effervescent as I am because it gives me a headache. When guys are different than me, it creates a mysterious effect, and I love it!

Q: What’s you favorite feature on yourself?

A: My dedication. When I do something, I do it with my whole heart and mind; quitting is never an option for me.

Q: Tell me something no one knows?

A: I secretly LOVE to watch 90’s cartoons in my spare time. Hey Arnold! is my spirit animal.

Q: What are you passionate about?

A: I’ve recently become very passionate about social equity. I am a minority, but I grew up in a pretty well to do household. I have experienced both the good and bad of life in America and the harsh realities of privilege, especially since coming to college. For me, it’s kind of been a double-edged sword.

Q: What is your guilty pleasure?

A: I already said this, but retro TV shows. My guilty pleasure is musical theater. I honestly would go broke if I spent all the money I wanted to see performances. I saw three shows when I studied abroad this summer in London. Do I have a problem? …Probably.

Hi, I'm Amber, and I am a 2nd year student at the University of Kansas. Welcome to my world.