samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
samantha gades BlIhVfXbi9s unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Songs That Should Be On Every Playlist

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at KU chapter.

Whether you’re studying, dancing with your friends, or just jamming out solo, great music is a necessity. Here are a few of my must-have songs on my playlist.

1. “Back to Manhattan” by Norah Jones

Okay, so Norah Jones is my go-to study music. It’s slow and peaceful and always gets the wheels in my brain turning. Back to Manhattan is my favorite of all of her songs, so of course it is absolutely necessary to the playlist.

2. “Let Me In” by Grouplove

Grouplove is a great band to jam out with friends or even on your own. Their songs are super upbeat and fun, and their best song in my opinion is Let Me In. Add this song to your playlist and enjoy your jam session.

3. “Bang Bang” by Jessie J

This song has to be on the list. Every time I hear it I have to get up and dance, so it’s the perfect song for having fun with friends and dancing your heart out.

4. “Shake it Off” by Taylor Swift

This is one of my favorite songs for working out. It really gets me determined to burn off that ice cream cone I had at Mrs. E’s and get fit. Taylor Swift does know how to make upbeat and fun music. Kudos to you T-Swift.

.5. “Unbelievers” by Vampire Weekend

Vampire Weekend is my go-to when walking to class. It’s low-key, so it’s good to listen to when I’m still waking up and walking to my 8 a.m.  Unbelievers is probably their most well-known song at the moment, and for good reason. Add some Vampire Weekend to your playlist and it might make early morning courses a little more bearable.