Style

White Hot: The Temperatures May Be Cooling But the White Bootie Trend Isn’t

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Kent State chapter.

Chances are if you’ve been paying even the slightest bit of attention to fashion trends the last few years you know white booties are THE booties to be wearing. Just as good to transition from winter to spring as from summer to fall, white booties are something that every fashion it-girl has in her closet. You should, too, because this trend isn’t going anywhere! Not only are they the perfect transitional piece, they also go with everything – yes, really! Think of your favorite black booties; The ones you find yourself wearing on repeat once the temperature drops. Now think of everything you wear them with and how much cooler it’d look with a white bootie. Sold? You should be. But if that’s not enough, here are my four favorite styling tips to help you really get the most out of the white bootie trend.

1. Add an unexpected twist to an all-black outfit

I love a black on black combo when I don’t know what to wear, and I’m sure you do, too, but try mixing things up next time by finishing off the look with a white bootie. It’s the perfect pop to keep your outfit interesting. Here, I chose a skinny jean (cuffed to show off the booties, of course) and a light weight sweater. This outfit is casual and comfortable. This look is completely fine on its own, but I added my favorite jewelry and a thick belt to elevate it. Bonus: this trick also works great with an LBD. I love this one for transitioning into fall because of the mock neck and 3/4 length sleeves. This outfit would look just as great with some black tights and a leather jacket as the temperatures continue to drop!

2. Keep all eyes on the booties with a cropped wide-leg jean 

Cropped wide-leg jeans are also having a moment right now, and do a great job of drawing attention to your footwear since they flare out and then abruptly end at the ankle, making them perfect to pair with a statement bootie like these white ones. There are so many ways to style this combo! I chose a white knit top and an oversized blazer – another trend I’m loving right now. This outfit looks so put together, perfect for a situation where you want to show off your style but still look polished!

3. Pair ’em with a floral print 

I don’t know about you, but I love a good floral print, especially on a midi skirt or dress. Midi lengths are the perfect solution to dressing between seasons. I love this one for its autumnal color scheme, and the white flowers make it great to pair with white booties. To finish off the look I choose an understated camel color sweater which keeps the focus on the booties. While the weather is still on the warmer side you could also opt for a simple t-shirt.  More into dresses? I got you! Dresses are amazing because they’re basically an outfit all on their own. I like this one because, again, the floral print has white in it to match the boots (I’m a big fan of matching, can you tell?) This dress won’t work on its own for fall though, so I layered a thin sweater underneath. As it gets colder, a sleek turtle neck would be amazing!

4. When all else fails: a go-to graphic tee

I think we can all agree that the options are really endless when it comes to white booties. But if you have a day where you truly feel like you have nothing to wear, don’t fret! Let a graphic t and white booties save the day. Seriously, you can’t go wrong with two pieces as cool as these. Just add your favorite jeans -you know, the ones that make you feel ahhh-mazing when you put them on – and there you have it!

Hopefully, this inspired you to get in on the white bootie trend if you haven’t already, or if you already have, now you have a lot more styling ideas for them!

Caroline is a senior fashion merchandising major with a minor in business. She loves being apart of the Her Campus editorial team at Kent State! Fashion is her passion but her other interests include cooking, wine, yoga, reading, sustainability, and animals -especially her fur babies Sophia Lucia and Zara Bella, and yes, she knows their names are extra but she loves to be extra. Click the links below to keep up with her on Instagram and Twitter! Questions? Comments? Email her! cwebst11@kent.edu
Junior at Kent State, with a mojor in journalism and a minor in fashion media. I like to write about fashion, lifestyle and Harry Styles.