A Night to Remember: For the Love of Fashion 2015

This past weekend, College Town Kent hosted the for the Love of Fashion fashion show at the Kent State University Hotel & Conference Center. This fashion show featured the boutiques of downtown Kent and gave them the opportunity to showcase their new spring styles. One Love Yoga, Gracylane, UniversiTees, RUSH and Carnaby Street Style all participated. The proceeds from the fashion show benefitted Delta Zeta Sorority in their upcoming philanthropy, Lipsync.

The first 200 audience members to arrive received a bag of free-bees. The swag bags included cute little statues of Buddha with passes for a free yoga class at One Love Yoga, coupons for 10% off at Carnaby Street Style, shampoo samples and more.

While guests waited for the show to begin, they were able to munch on delicious foods from Fresco, Bar 145, Newdle Bar, and Panini's. A cash bar and tables were set up inside so that people could continue to mingle throughout the show. Insomnia even passed out hot cookies as people exited the hotel.  

Upbeat music from Maroon 5 and Bruno Mars played while models walked down the runway showing off their outfits. The show itself lasted for about 20 minutes, but within that time everyone was able to get a good idea of what the stores in downtown Kent had to offer. The models, many of whom were students, had fun showing off colorful accessories, polished hairstyles, and Kent State apparel. 

We asked some of the audience members what they enjoyed about the show. Mariam Ahmadian, a freshman at Kent, stated that one of her favorite parts of the show was that “the music was really good as well as the styles from Gracy Lane.” When asked about the atmosphere, Julia Fedyski a junior, stated that “there was a very chill or cool vibe. The atmosphere made you excited to see what was coming.” Hayley Clark, a freshman “it is a good opportunity for local businesses to get their name out to the community as well as to students.” 

Her Campus Kent State had a great time at For the Love of Fashion. We hope to see more events from College Town Kent in the future. 

About the Author