This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

In the wintertime I feel like you can never go wrong with a face mask. I tend to start doing more in the winter than in the summer I feel like as a mechanism to remember to treat myself because I am more stressed out.

I like making my own face mask or applying ones that are natural like the ones from Lush. The face mask I make uses Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay. I make it a paste with apple cider vinegar, apply it evenly over my face and let it sit more 15 minutes. While I wait the 15 minutes, I literally feel my face pulsate and feel my face tighten up. As it completely dries it starts cracking and that’s when I know it is time to wash it off. I usually watch it off with hot water and then rinse with cold water and apply a toner. When I look in the mirror, I see an instant difference…my face looks brighter and my pores are significantly smaller. I love the Indian Healing Clay and apple cider vinegar combo. You can’t go wrong with it, try it sometime!

I am just a pre-med student who has a big passion for all things public health, lover of the sun, and tea!