Style > Beauty

Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Reverse Wash System Review

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

In the beginning of the month, HerCampus PhilaU received a survival kit from HerCampus containing some samples of a shampoo and conditioner combo from Tresemme. The treatment included a conditioner that you use before washing your hair, rather than after, and a shampoo. Using them together is supposed to give your hair volume and shine. We decided to split the samples between us so we could test them out and write reviews on them! Her Campus members Anna, Jordan, and Jess have these thoughts on the Tresemme Beauty-Full Volume Reverse Wash System.

Anna’s Rating: 4/5 ★★★★☆

Hair Type: Short, Straight, Thick

Review: This product really surprised me! I knew it would make some difference in my hair, but I had no idea it would be this much! My hair is usually very flat unless I give it a good blow dry. However, I let it air dry after using this shampoo and conditioner, and it gave me the same type of look I would have if I blow dried it, as well as being shiny and smelling great! The volume even lasted until the next day, which was amazing! The only down side I would say is that since I’m not usually used to this much volume, I didn’t really know how to style it. I ended up just leaving it as is, without much other product in it, because but I didn’t want to mess with the volume and end up with crazy poofy hair. Other than that, I really like the effects and I think if I gave it a few more tries, I could figure out the best way to style it!

Jordan’s Rating: 2/5 ★★☆☆☆

Hair Type: Medium Length, Curly, Thick

Review: I’ve been into the cleansing conditioner routine for a couple years now, so I forgot how much I don’t like the feeling of suds. Without going full-on nerd about the formation of the cuticle in curly hair, basically shampoos are really stripping on your hair and cause a lot of frizz. The reverse system didn’t work for me because the conditioning step is so important for getting moisture back into it. It did add a nice extra lift at the root, so if you blow dry and straighten, it might not be a problem. For me though, after my normal routine and air drying, I was left with a whole lot of poof. Check out those fly-aways!

Jess’s Rating: 4/5 ★★★★☆

Hair Type: Long, Straight, Fine

Review: Not going to lie, I really like this treatment! I can definitely say it did a lot for my hair! Right away, my hair had more volume and and it felt incredibly soft. Plus, I think it definitely looks brighter and shinier. It definitely made a difference in the quality of my hair, after just one use! I also loved the smell and how you don’t need a lot to get results, which is good! I found the full size in stores and bought it!

Anna McFadden

Jefferson '19

.