This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Recently, I started using the app Headspace to work on my mindfulness and learn how to properly meditate. Having previously practiced mindfulness a few years ago, I had some basic knowledge of how the process goes. I still went through the basics, which were incredibly helpful and calming, and started the individual courses on the app. You have the choice of doing courses that are 30 sessions long, ranging in time from 10 minutes to 20 minutes, individual meditations that range from 3 to 10 minutes, and short little animated clips that are usually less than 2 minutes long. The courses they offer range from anxiety and stress, anger management, coping with cravings, mindful eating, dealing with loneliness, and many more.

Since I started mediating daily 2 weeks ago, I have noticed a large change in how I approach situations that typically induce anxiety for me and how I deal with stress and anxiety. Practicing mindfulness is a great way to change your outlook on life and help you rationalize your everyday thoughts. Apps like Headspace are great for beginners and make the daunting task of reframing how you approach everyday situations less daunting. While mindfulness and meditation are not for everyone, give it a go before giving up on the idea completely. The complete feeling of relaxation and peace you may feel from one session might be enough to get you hooked.

Fashion Merchandising and Management major Obsessed with all things Jake Gyllenhaal, Lorde, the Arctic Monkeys, and Always Sunny If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.