Meet the Staff: Cora Burns

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

How long have you been a student at Jefferson formally known as PhilaU/What’s your Major?

This is my second year as a Fashion Merchandising and Management student at Jefferson!

How long have you been a part of HC?/What is your favorite part about HC?

I’ve been a part of HerCampus since my first semester at Jefferson. My favorite part about HerCampus is being able to express myself through writing and being able to form friendships while doing so!

What do you want to do after graduating?

After graduating I want to move to New York City and be satisfied with my job—whatever that job ends up being. Currently, I am extremely interested in being a buyer. However, with all of the possibilities in the fashion world, I am constantly changing my mind for my future career. I’m just planning on going with the flow and seeing where my experiences at Jefferson take me!

Do you have any special talents/Fun fact?

These questions always stress me out because I’m not too out-of-the-ordinary talented…but I’ve been told I’m a pretty good whistler.

What would you tell someone interested in coming to Jefferson?

If you are looking to meet new types of people, this is the place for you. There is such a wide variety of personalities and majors—it’s impossible to not make friends! In my experience, it seems like everyone here always is looking to make new friends, whether they are a freshman or a senior. With these new friends comes new opportunities, experiences, and hobbies. So, if you are worried about coming here because you don’t know anybody else who goes here, don’t let that negatively influence your decision!

Any advice for freshmen?

Don’t be afraid to ask or answer questions in class! Professor’s take notice of and appreciate your enthusiasm. Getting on a good page with your professors is a huge help with everything from assignments, to extra help with prepping for a test, to future job opportunities. Don’t burn any bridges and make all connections pleasant connections!

I am a senior Textile Materials Technoloy major from good ol' Pollock Pines, CA. I love water skiing, dancing, and mom blogs!!!!!!!