How to Pump Someone Else’s Heart this Valentines Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Looking for the perfect Valentine’s Day gift? Look no further, here’s a gift that has more meaning than the annual box of chocolates or stuffed teddy bear. Give the gift of donating blood this Valentine’s Day at the Red Cross Blood Drive and save up to three lives. 

PhilaU is hosting the blood drive on Wednesday, February 10th from 11am to 4pm in the auditorium of Down’s Hall. The PA Society will help work the drive. Workers are prepared to take close to one hundred donors. Do the math and that means PhilaU is equipped to save up to three hundred lives!

Want to spread the love? Sign up online at redcrossblood.org or email PhilaU’s community service office at communityservice@philau.edu to make an appointment.

Donating blood with the Red Cross is a completely safe process. A sterile needle is used once and then discarded. Head to redcrossblood.org for more information!

Every two seconds (yes only two seconds!) someone in the United States needs blood. Help pump their heart this year and come out to donate on Wednesday, February 10th. Afterwards you can eat all the heart-shaped chocolates and candies you want.

Abbey is a student at Philadelphia University where she is studying graphic design. In her free time, she loves to be at the beach, travel to new places (especially in Philly), and play board games with friends.