sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon 8lnbXtxFGZw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

How to not break the bank this Halloweekend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Here we go again, another year of fall festivities, and another year of Halloweekend. The notorious time for everyone to go out of their comfort zone and dress up as crazy they want, and especially for college students it is a time of year everyone looks forward to. Here’s a few tips on how to not break the bank this Halloweekend while still looking your best.

1. Try to DIY your costumes

I personally love to DIY my costumes as much as I can. It’s an easy way to get the exact look you want and it’s never super hard to accomplish. One year my friends and I bought old matching bridesmaids dresses from a consignment shop and ripped them and covered them in fake blood to create a zombie bridesmaid look. They were so much fun to make and it was a great bonding experience for me and my friends.

2. Check your closet for items that you could use to create your costume

You wouldn’t believe the amount of items in your closet that you can use to make a Halloween costume. If you have a red swimsuit, its an easy Baywatch costume. If you have an 80’s looking sweater, try being Steve Erkel. If you have a white tube top, buy yourself a white tutu and you’re automatically a unicorn. The possibilities are endless for the creative costumes you could create.

3. Be a “repeater”

I am not one to completely repeat a Halloween costume, however if you buy versatile accessories, such as a tutu, you could be a unicorn or a ballerina. If you have a red shirt from being a devil, add some different accessories and you’re a cheerleader.

Halloween is such a fun time of the year, however it is not necessary to spend a large amount of money, as you may be a broke college student as most of us are. The most important part is to have fun with your pals and to be yourself.

Kathryn Martin

Jefferson '22

18 Fashion Merch Major Lover of dogs and all things pink instagram.com/katmartinnn