How to have a Low-Key Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

If you’re like me, chances are going out and partying isn’t one of your favorite things to do. If you’d rather spend Halloween curled up with hot cocoa than out partying it up, here’s a few tips for you.

1. There’s no shame in binging scary movies on Netflix alone, but if you can gather up a few pals to hold onto when the movie gets too intense, even better.

2. Make -or buy- some Halloween snacks to get yourself in the spooky mood. Nothing makes me feel more in the Halloween spirit than candy corn and cupcakes with jack o’lanterns on them.

3. Bust out the pumpkin candles. Nothing will put you in the Halloween mood than a bomb candle. Trust me.

4. Try a spooky face mask. Looking for a self-care night? Grab a mask from your local drugstore, or even make one yourself! There’s nothing spookier than under-eye bags, but a good cucumber mask can put that to rest.

5. Don’t put pressure on yourself to go out. I know looking at everybody’s snapchat stories is bound to create some Halloween FOMO, but spend time doing what’s best for you. It’s not the end of the world if you don’t spend you Halloween or Halloweekend shoved inside a frat, especially if that’s not your vibe. Spend your Halloween the way YOU want to!

Fashion Merchandising and Management major Obsessed with all things Jake Gyllenhaal, Lorde, the Arctic Monkeys, and Always Sunny If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor.