Healthy Halloween Treats For My Allergy-Sensitive Sissys!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It’s the most wonderful time of the year…HALLOWEEN! Halloween is great in all aspects like the decorations, the spirit, costumes, candy, etc. But what about for people with allergy-sensitivities? How do they enjoy this wonderful day? Coming from an allergy-sensitive person such as myself, I have the answer to your prayers. After doing some research and also thinking about what I eat in a day, I have found 5 snacks that are easily accessible in a food store that can work as great alternatives, not only for people with allergy-sensitivities, but also for people who are trying to cut back on sugar as well. Don’t try to get too hungry while reading this article – you should of heard my stomach while I was writing it.

KIND Bars

**NOT FOR PEOPLE ALLERGIC TO NUTS. GLUTEN-FREE AND DAIRY-FREE**

These gluten-free and dairy-free treats are my go-to! Flavors ranging from fruit to salted caramel, there’s a flavor everyone is BOUND to love. The size makes these bars easy to carry and now they come in mini sizes as well! KIND Bars can get pricey but the taste makes up for its worth. KIND Bars make it absolutely okay to eat more than one this Halloween.

Annie’s Cookie Bites

**NOT GLUTEN-FREE. MAY CONTAIN MILK, EGG AND SOY INGREDIENTS.**

These cookies you will ALWAYS be in the mood for. These cookie bites come in multiple flavors such as chocolate chip, oatmeal and lemon drop. Annie’s Cookie Bites are easily portable and comes in snack packs – which is a great snack to have around Halloween.

Enjoy Life Boom CHOCO Boom Ricemilk Chocolate Bars

**DAIRY-FREE, GLUTEN-FREE, SOY AND NUT FREE – PRODUCED IN NUT AND GLUTEN FREE FACILITY**

What I love about this brand is because of the brand dedication to having a gluten and nut free facility. This allows for people who are highly sensitive to cross-contamination to breathe out a sigh of relief. All of these flavors are amazing and I highly recommend for people who want a healthier alternative to a chocolate bar.

Boom Chicka Pop

**GLUTEN-FREE, SOME FLAVORS ARE DAIRY-FREE**

I am ALWAYS munching on this popcorn in my dorm room. This popcorn is my new obsession. Boom Chicka Pop comes in a variety of flavors, which tremendously helps for us allergy-sensitive babes. This popcorn can also become pricey when buying it in a snack pack and the snack pack flavors might be selective. I would just go ahead and by the big bag, trust me – you won’t regret it.

Black Forest Gummy Bears

**GLUTEN-FREE AND DAIRY-FREE**

Black Forest Gummy Bears are absolutely addicting. I can finish a bag in a whole sitting. These fruity flavors are like typical gummy bears but are light on the stomach. I have a very sensitive stomach when it comes to a high-sugar content but these haven’t bothered me yet. So go ahead, finish the whole bag – it’s Halloween!

Hi! My name is Lyndsey Ferraino. I am a Pre-Medical Studies Major at Jefferson University. I am all about a healthy lifestyle (but in moderation I will not deny ice cream. End of story.) I also take my school work and my values on life very seriously. I keeping active by going to the gym and following sport teams. I have the most amazing, supportive friends and I love spending time with them. Although I say St.Patrick's Day is my favorite holdiday, I am a big sap for Valentine's Day. I love LOVE. I try to live my life by the motto "Where the mind goes, the person follows". I believe that each and every person has a purpose on this Earth and is bound to do great things for themselves and impact everyone in their passing. I also swear I was born in the wrong time period.