toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween Costumes You See at Every Party

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Much to student’s dismay all around the world, Halloween is on a school night. To some, the thought of sitting in class and not being able to fill their bags with candy is the scariest aspect of the entire day. For the thrill seekers, amusement parks and haunted houses welcome one and all to participate in frightening festivities. Tuesday, October 31st marks the night of tricks, treats and costumes galore. Whether it be the pumpkin picking, delicious candy, or designing a costume with your friends, Halloween is definitely a night to remember with all of the candy to satisfy that pesky sweet-tooth, preferably accompanied by friends and a scary movie marathon to top it all off. Arguably so, the ability to dress up with all of the creative freedom in the world is the best part of celebrating. Whether it be making a costume or purchasing one and customizing it, altering your usual style is both refreshing and enjoyable to see not only a difference in yourself, but for those around you. Here are some of the most typical costumes you can’t miss at a Halloween party:

The Cat:

Simple, but effective.

The Couple:

Bound to run into them at every event, coordinating their costume to a super cheesy and cliché movie or TV show.

The Buzz-Kill:

“No one dresses up for Halloween anymore, I’m here for the food.”

The Doctors:

We get it, you watch Grey’s Anatomy.

The Band-Wagon Crew:

Harley Quinn. Pennywise. Superheroes. Disney Characters. Popular movies, comic book characters and even TV shows that are relevant as of 2017 are sure to be spotted.

The DIY:

Whether it is made from scratch, previously purchased and altered, or a time-consuming makeup look, it was made out of fun and they are very proud of their costume. These looks are usually very unique and the talk of the party.

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C.S. Lewis