A Goodbye to Teen Wolf

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Finally, after all this time, we’ve reached the point many fans have been anticipating (or dreading) for years: the Teen Wolf series finale. Anyone who has ever watched a TV show through until the very end understands the bittersweet feeling of saying goodbye to characters that they loved, plotlines that they followed, and the couples that they wished would get together. It can feel especially sad when you’re not binging on a show and just can’t start over again immediately.

Credit: Giphy.com

Teen Wolf is one of the few shows I have watched live on television until the end. While I did start it on Netflix solely because the cast is beautiful, by Season 2 I was diligently turning on MTV to watch. And yes, to anyone who is reading this that doesn’t know the show well, this is a show about werewolves, but it is about so much more than that. I hope it is remembered in the MTV archives in that way. Watching Scott and the gang struggle through high school was always relatable and entertaining, even now that I’m a junior in college. Yes, it is true that most of their problems were hairy, scaly, or monstrous in some other way, but they also had to deal with the SATs, calculus, growing in their relationships, and applying to college. They’ve always been shown as the hardcore  group of kids that were somehow also still awkward 17 year olds. They were dorky, naïve, and lost in the beginning of the show, but have eventually grown up to be courageous, strong leaders who stand up for what they believe in – they are what we all hope we are.

Credit: Giphy.com 

I want to thank Teen Wolf for what it is. Thank you for always being pure fun, even in the stressful moments. Thank you for being a thoughtful show, for rich, exciting plotlines that detail obscure mythical creatures. Thank you for showing characters that love each other like family, even through fights, breakups, wolf bites, and everything in between. Thank you for Alison, Malia, Kira, Lydia, and Melissa – strong female characters that aren’t afraid to fight just as hard as their male counterparts, if not harder. Thank you for Scott and Stiles, who have always shown what real friendship looks like through their ups and downs.

So, Teen Wolf, it’s time to say goodbye! Thank you for being the show that carried me through high school and more than half of college. I’ll always remember the show fondly and with a lot of love. I’ll be patiently waiting for the day I can watch it all over again on Netflix.

Photo Cover Credit: etonline.com

Kellyn Kemmerer

Jefferson '19

Senior Textile Materials Technology student from a small town in Northeastern Pennsylvania. You can find her watching Food Network or funny cat videos, making lengthy Spotify playlists, window shopping, writing, and reading.