Style > Beauty

The four best skin and lip care products to get you through winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It took until mid-January, but the dry air and heavy chills of winter have finally arrived—and my skin was quick to notice. Dry winter air can really take a toll on our skin. Below are some products that will help your skin and lips stay happy, healthy, and moisturized throughout the winter. ** This is not a sponsored advertisement, just my personal opinion! **

Lips:

1. Carmex 

I just started using this product this past year, but it has been the best moisture concealing lip balm I’ve ever used. Even on windy days, this lip balm works wonders.

2. Blistex: Medicated Lip Ointment:

I’ve been using this since I was a little kid. My mom ALWAYS had one in her purse or lying around the house. This is a lifesaver if you’ve forgotten the lip balm one too many days and have insanely dry lips—it heals them right up! Added bonus: it makes an incredible lipstick base. Just apply, wait five minutes, remove any excess, and then apply your favorite lip color.

Skin:

3. Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion:

I’ve used this lotion every day after my shower for years. With an ingredient list packed of natural ingredients, it doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. It’s also fragrance free and nongreasy—perfect for everyday use!

4. Makeup Remover: Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser

All other makeup removers I have ever used have caused me to either break out or have severely dry skin right after use. This cold cream is designed to melt away your makeup and leave you with clean and soft moisturized skin—and it does just that.

Cora Burns

Jefferson '20

Trying to figure it out and writing about it as I go.