Favorite Florida Theme Park Attractions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

It’s no secret that Orlando, Florida is home to some of our favorite theme parks. Whether it be one of the infamous Walt Disney World theme parks, hotels and water parks, or even Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure thrill seeking rides, here are some of the most infamous attractions that will make your visit worth your while.

Universal Studios ‘Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey’

Located through Hogsmeade, the infamous Hogwarts castle towers over the town. Pass through the castle gates and you will be taken through the passageways of Dumbledore’s office, the Room of Requirement, and classrooms before you reach the ride which takes you head-to-head on a simulation journey with Harry Potter and the wizarding world through iconic points within the films using groundbreaking technology.

‘Escape from Gringotts’

Located in Diagon Alley, make your way through Gringotts bank lined with Goblins. You’ll make your journey through the bank with one of the mine carts, only to run into Voldemort and Bellatrix along the way. Don’t worry, Harry, Hermione and Ron are sure to help you during your trip.

‘The Wizarding World of Harry Potter’

While this is not necessarily an attraction, The Wizarding Wall of Harry Potter has plenty to experience from the delicious food at ‘The Three Broomsticks’ and Butterbeer, the thrilling attractions, and the life-like scenery in Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley is sure to be an awestruck experience for anyone visiting the theme park.

Magic Kingdom’s ‘Peter Pan’s Flight’ 

Located in Fantasyland, Peter Pan’s Flight is a family friendly ride that anyone is sure to love. The ride takes you through the infamous journey of Wendy Darling and her siblings alongside Peter Pan and their dream-like journey to Neverland.

Hollywood Studios ‘Rock ‘n’ Rollercoaster Starring Aerosmith

This intense rollercoaster equipped with a loop and Aerosmith music is sure to be any thrill-seeker’s favorite ride. Located in Sunset Boulevard at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, be sure to save your Fast Passes for this one, as the wait time can be up to 90 minutes long!

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C.S. Lewis