This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jefferson chapter.

Do you have any memorable traditions for the fall season?

I love scary movies, making time to watch them with family and friends is something I do every single year! Whether it be a new one at the movies, I just saw ‘The Nun’, or a classic like ‘A Nightmare on Elm Street’, it’s a great way to get into the Halloween spirit.

How do you balance your social life during midterm season in October?

It’s really challenging to manage your time and very easy to get caught up in your social life. Keeping a schedule on a planner is the best way to go! I like being able to see my work written out in an organized manner. Maintaining your academic responsibilities is crucial, but making time for fun with friends is just as important. Designate one day during the week or a specific time to get lunch with friends to keep you motivated with your busy schedule!

What is life like on campus during midterms?

It’s very hectic, everyone’s busy balancing studying, club events, and making time for family and friends. There’s always coffee involved for me and a study playlist to keep me going through it all. Having a support system during stressful times like midterms is also very beneficial to helping you not only academically, but emotionally.

What are some of the biggest challenges you face academically?

As a science major, our courses are very heavy on the workload. Taking more than one science course a semester definitely adds to that. Time facilitation is key between homework, essays, and long-term assignments.

What are you looking forward to the most after midterm season is over?

I’m really looking forward to Thanksgiving break and getting to see my family. Knowing we’ll have no work to worry about even if it is only for a few days is a refreshing thought to have. Best of luck to everyone on their exams!

"You can't get a cup of tea big enough or a book long enough to suit me." C.S. Lewis