This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

The college student in their natural habitat: hunched over a MacBook, nose-deep in a textbook, with earbuds plugged in. As someone who needs to study with music, I can relate to the ever-present earbuds seen on campus. What is everyone listening to? Sometimes I find it challenging to find new music that helps me be productive and is entertaining. Here are some of the best playlists to get you into a ~girlboss~ mode:

1.    Intense Studying Playlist on Spotify While the playlist title is bland (and self explanatory), the contents are great. There are different types of classical and instrumental music that create a focused atmosphere.

2.   Coffeehouse Radio on Pandora The music sub genre of “Coffeehouse” is a   hodgepodge of acoustic, indie, and many others. Coffeehouse music is feel good and relaxing. Get your Norah Jones on and crank out that philosophy paper you’ve been procrastinating on.

3.    Classical Music Radio on Pandora The theory surrounding Classical Music and improved intellect has been around for ages. You can find Classical music almost anywhere: Pandora, Spotify, YouTube, etc. It is readily available and typically free which is perfect for the budgeting college student. I may be partial to Classical because of my undying love for Debussy, but I highly recommend Classical music for studying.  

4.     Late Night Indie Playlist on Spotify If you are a fan of independent music in general, then this playlist is the perfect study companion. Late Night Indie has a mix of popular artists as well as new creators. The unique music that this playlist sports is ideal for a mellow study session.  

5.    Relaxing White Noise Channel on YouTube Depending on your study style, white noise may be the best option for productivity. White noise creates a background that limit/ distractions and stimulates brain waves.