What are We Listening to Right Now?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This week we asked the wonderful ladies of HC IUP, ” What are you listening to on your iPod right now?”

#Amanda Petrunak/ Feature Writer: I’m listening to Train’s, 50 ways to say goodbye. I’m addicted to the song. It just has a good beat, and it’s funny.

#Tiara Corsey/Feature Writer: I’m listening to Frank Ocean’s Channel Orange cd. I like what he stands for and I think his music is different and more interesting than mainstream music

#Hannah Leigh Halphen/ Senior Editor: I’m listening to Kendrick Lamar’s “Swimming Pool (Drank)” because the beat is awesome.

#Princess S. Kabakole/Feature Writer: I’m listening to Emeli Sannde, Adele, Elle Varner, and Miguel.

#Micah Alexander/Feature Writer:I’m listening to lots of J. Cole, Jhene Aiko and Kendrick Lamar. I love the messages in all of their music and I always enjoy something I can listen to while relaxing or doing homework.

#Jasmine Imani Childs/Contributing Writer: I’m listening to a lot of Donny Hathaway and similar 70s soul artists. It relaxes me after a long day.

#Alyssa Berg/Senior Editor: I’m listening to “Young the Giant”. I like how upbeat a lot of their music is, and it helps me study.

#Ashley Stolte/Contributing Writer: Lately I’ve been listening to “Here Comes the Sun” by the Beatles on repeat. Makes my day better instantly!

#Tiana Singleton-Reid/Contributing Writer: I’m listening to all 90’s R&B…the best decade for my favorite genre.

#Junene Taylor/Editor-in-Chief: Lately I’ve been listening to Bob Marley. That man was a genius and his music is very inspiring. He relaxes me.

photocredit:support.apple.com

Hailing from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, Junene is a current student at Indiana University of PA majoring in Journalism. She has three minors consisting of Communications Media, English: Film Studies track, and Religious Studies.She is the founding President/Editor in Chief of IUP's branch of Hercampus.com, and is the Founder/President of the IUP women's organization That's What She Said. She is also a current member of SPJ, ( Society of Professional Journalists) PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), CSCR (Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion) and Vice President of the Religious Studies Club at IUP. She is the sole undergradate member of IUPs' Library Outreach and Marketing Committee and is a member of the Student Advisory Group. Junene is a first generation college student; her favorite film is The Usual Suspects and her favorite book is And Then There Were None, authored by Agatha Christie.