Seeing The Best In Others

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

What is trust? Trust is a firm belief in the reliability, truth, ability, or strength of someone or something. In our world today; especially in an era of uncertainty, global upheaval, break ups, and disordered family life, it is very common to hear a lot about people having “trust issues.” I am understanding of the fact that often it is difficult to control. People who we thought were out “best friends” have lied, our boyfriends or girlfriends and even strangers can lie. For no reason. But would you rather live life always doubting people or seeing the best in others? Many people are unaware that doubting the intentions of others impacts their own happiness and how one view themselves.

The more positives that you are able to see in others then the more positives you can find in yourself. This all leads to a boosting self-esteem; creating overall happiness and success. Being critical and negative of individuals gets you nowhere in life besides less trusting, less generous, less open and less positive. These things are easily notable and can send negative messages to others putting thoughts into their head that you lack your own good. Loving others; including your neighbors, enemies and even strangers is important. Loving others as much as you love yourself will take you far. A great tip that I can give is to treat people as if they were what they ought to be and help them become what they are capable of being.” Seeing potential in others and having expectations can influence how they see themselves. You never know who may be looking up to you.

Graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a B.S in Child Development and Family Relations in May 2018. I have a passion for working with the youth, making a difference in the community, and having a positive impact on individual's lives. "A good woman, trying to be a better woman, while inspiring and helping the next woman."