This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

As a frequent flyer at Eat’n Park, I can say I’ve seen a lot of mean patrons come and go. I’ve never been a waitress, but I know how to treat another human being for sure! That’s the thing; they’re human as in they have flaws just like everyone else. That does NOT mean they should be treated in a disrespectful way. Trust me, I hate when they forget to give me my ranch more than the next girl but that doesn’t mean I should flip out of them.

PC: Google Play Eat’nPark App

One experience I had at a restaurant all started with a huge party. You know, when Susan comes in with her party of 10 and expects a table in 2 minutes. So, I was waiting to order and I see her screaming at the hostess because they had to wait 15 minutes for a table since it was family weekend on a Sunday morning and it was packed. I watched this lady scream at every staff member there whether they were involved in her visit or not, causing a scene and such. On top of that, she was complaining that their waitress was taking too long. First of all, this poor girl has 14 other tables on top of yours, a million things to do, and is trying to hold it together. Chill. Second, if you have a huge party, you need to realize that it won’t take 2 seconds for thing to move along. The person taking care of you is only one person. Treat them right.

PC: Time.com 

One thing I can’t stand is when people make a scene about nothing. When you go to a restaurant and the thing you order doesn’t turn out how you intended 9.9/10 times, they’ll get you a new thing. But then we have Tina, who calls her waiter over from what he’s doing to say her food isn’t right at all and is he stupid. In which he has to stand there and take the criticism, which it probably wasn’t even his fault. There are many people involved in restaurants and he is not the only person to have completed your order so don’t assume that they were the one that messed up. A side note also, they don’t “work for you” and you’re not “paying their wage”.

PC: WikiHow.com

Being stupid is a thing I see a lot from younger adults like me. When you get bored at a restaurant, I’m sure that your waitress is super busy doing things for everyone else, which is why she’s taking so long. I’m also sure that since she’s so busy she doesn’t have time to clean up your mess. Therefore, when you dump salt, pepper, and sugar packets all over the table, that wastes their time because you were acting childish. Another thing! These servers are making $2.83 an hour and make a living off of tips. If you get a $200 bill and don’t tip, that is ridiculous. Especially if it’s the fact that you don’t have the money to tip. If you don’t have money to tip your server, do not go to a restaurant. You don’t have to tip an arm and a leg but anything would help.

PC: Trip Advisor Review

Lastly, my all-time favorite thing. This is the situation where Tim orders 2 dozen wings. Tim proceeds to devour said wings. Then when receiving the bill, Tim says they were gross and doesn’t want to pay for bad food. Obviously, if you ate the whole plate, they were fine. This is truly disgusting when people do this for free food. It’s one thing if your food is bad and they remake it or get you something else, but it’s another thing to eat it all and then complain. The whole thing is these are my experiences as a bystander. Imagine being a server in this position, being called stupid, getting yelled at, making felt lesser. If I’m upset watching this play out then imagine being on the receiving side. Like I said, I hate not getting my ranch but you don’t know why you haven’t gotten it yet so just relax.

PC: Amazon Temporary Tattoo

Alicia is an aspiring doctor. She intends to graduate from IUP in 2022 and attend Medical School directly after to become a medical doctor specializing in pediatrics. She enjoys watching movies, hanging with friends, and community service. She is a dog lover and has a pug names Porky that makes her smile on her worst days. Family is everything to her as you probably have read.