Real Live College Guy Nick Tackles… Yoga Pants

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

From what I understand, yoga pants are extremely comfortable. Most women choose to wear them because they are comfortable, they look good, or because they just don’t have time in the morning to bother with putting anything else on (we have all had those days). For the most part, they are sweatpants. So what’s the big deal?

I assume that many girls (and certainly guys) already know. It shows off your “assets.” By “assets,” naturally, I mean the shape and curve of your bottom.

In my eyes, this is another way to grab the attention of another, guy or girl. When girls wear yoga pants they should expect several glances at their legs or bottoms from nearly everyone that walks by. Girls should be able to wear whatever they want, and I am certainly not going to complain about them wearing yoga pants, but there are some things you need to be prepared for. 

From a guy’s perspective, yoga pants can be either a “yei” or a “nei.” While they can show off ladies’ “assets” well, they can also show them off not so well. Certainly I am not going to judge someone simply because of their body and everyone is free to wear whatever they wish, but these are things you have to be aware of. If you have the curves for it though, WOW.

The only advice I have for you is that you need to be aware of the kind of attention you wish to receive. Unfortunately, we do not live in a society that won’t judge you by the clothes you wear. Guys will look at your behind before they even see your face. You will be judged for your butt before you are even able to be judged for your personality. Do you want a guy who will treat you right or a guy who just wants to see little more of your behind? There is a difference between wearing yoga pants because they are comfy and wearing them to show off your booty. I suppose the phrase, “if you got it, flaunt it” could apply here and that is just fine! Just make sure you don’t come across the wrong way or you will more than likely meet someone who isn’t necessarily interested in anything other than the way you look staring at the headboard of their bed.

It’s sad, but that’s the way it is. Especially in college. When I see a girl in yoga pants I’ll look… You know, to admire all the time they have spent at the gym doing squats and such… Anyways, you shouldn’t stop wearing yoga pants just because of what some college guys may think or how society will look at you. It’s your body and you can do what you want. Just be aware.