Productive Procrastination

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Procrastination is a natural part of life. Everyone does it. However, choosing to procrastinate productively is a something that is beneficial and very helpful when you want to stop looking at the same assignment. Here are five of the best ways to make the most out of your procrastination.

1. Clean

Some people hate cleaning, some people love it. If you want to avoid doing something, clean. If someone asks you why you aren’t doing the thing you keep saying you need to do just tell them that you think better in a clean environment.

2. Do laundry

Doing laundry is the ultimate way to give yourself a break. Throw it in the washer and relax until it needs to go in the dryer. Who cares if it sits in the hamper unfolded for a few days?

3. Netflix

Netflix is the ultimate way to procrastinate. I’ve realized that if you award yourself one episode of your favorite show after completing a task, you won’t feel so overwhelmed from sitting at your desk for four hours straight.

4. Meal prep

Meal prepping is the easiest way to get out of doing anything. It takes care of something you’d have to do anyway and it lets you get out of doing that assignment for a few more hours.

5. Get organized

Everyone has that one drawer in their house that is a mess. Organizing that drawer whenever you want to procrastinate will physically remove some clutter from your life and, hopefully, your brain.

Happy procrastinating!

All gifs courtesy of giphy.com

Danielle Jones is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania--a small town with big pride. As an English, Writing major with a minor is Business Administration she loves words and truly believes in their power. She is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at IUP. In her free time, Danielle enjoys reading, writing, and all things Shonda Rhimes.