Picks and Skips at Chick-fil-A

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

It’s lunch time and your stomach is rumbling louder than ever. You skipped out on breakfast, didn’t bring a snack with you in your bag, and you’re starving to the point where, as class finally lets out, you know exactly where you’re going to go to lunch: Chick-fil-A. The real, and most important question is: What are you going to get? What you eat for lunch can really affect how you feel, how you progress, and how focused you remain throughout the rest of your day. Check out a few of these swaps and surprises that you can find and make at Chick-fil-A to remain full and focused for the rest of the day.

Simple Swaps:

Instead of: Chicken Caesar Cool WrapTry: Chargrilled Chicken Club SandwichWithout mayonnaise, breading, or an overload of bacon, swapping the chicken salad sandwich for the chargrilled chicken club sandwich can save you over 100 calories, 5 grams of fat, and roughly 200 milligrams of sodium.

Instead of: Chicken, Egg and cheese on a sunflower multigrain bagelTry: Chick-n-minis (4)With nearly half the sodium and 6 grams less fat, you’re doing yourself a favor by swapping out the multigrain bagel. Don’t let the name fool you– “multigrain” may sound healthy, but it could still be just as bleached, processed, and refined as any other slice of bread out there, just with more than one type of grain added.

This or That:

For 850 Calories, you can have:

• Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich• Slice of cheesecake• Small waffle fries OR• A peach milkshake

For 100 grams of sugar you can have:

• 1 Strawberry milkshake from Chick-fil-A OR• 5 Hostess Twinkies

The choices you make throughout the day can really impact your health, so make smart choices when it comes to eating out.

Hey everyone! My name is Tabitha and I'm currently a junior at Indiana University of Pennsylvania. Growing up with a bodybuilding father and a twinkie/brownie loving mother, the topic of food always ricocheted off the walls in my home. Living with two people who followed two different lifestyles sparked an interest in food, which led to my passion of nutrition and choosing the major of Nutrition-Dietetics track. When I'm not online scoping out new recipes and health articles I can be seen lifting at the gym, online shopping on my porch, or enjoying dinner with some great friends.