This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

You know the feeling when the warm weather approaches and you know summer is coming? If you are reading this and your seasonal temperature is nearly the same year-round this is not for you. I am talking about 30 below winters and 80 and up summers. If you have experienced seasonal temperature change, then you know exactly what I am talking about. I grew up in a small town so riding on dirt roads at 10 pm on a nice 70-degree spring-summer day is perfect. This is what I miss the most. Nothing is better than blasting the radio on a ride like that. Especially if the people you are with will sing as loud as possible with you. Even better, all the windows down with the top open. I don’t have a sunroof but my grandma used to and it was the best. I am so excited for summer to approach so I can go swimming again, go for walk in my flip-flops, get as much ice cream as possible, and of course my late-night rides.

three silhouettes in the middle of the road
Photo by Karina Lago from Unsplash

Here is a list of things you need to take with you on this ride if you haven’t before:

-Car charger(you never know where you will end up)

-Friend(ESSENTIAL. Moms and dogs are acceptable)

-Chapstick(windows down= dry lips)

-Scrunchie(your hair blowing in your face is not a move, always bring a scrunchie!)

-A good attitude(have fun and remember you only have one life)

Girls lying on a car
Photo by Free-Photos from Pixabay

Alicia is an aspiring doctor. She intends to graduate from IUP in 2022 and attend Medical School directly after to become a medical doctor specializing in pediatrics. She enjoys watching movies, hanging with friends, and community service. She is a dog lover and has a pug names Porky that makes her smile on her worst days. Family is everything to her as you probably have read.