Kayla's Korner: All Perks, No Promises: Being Friends with Benefits

Lose them:

If things don’t feel right, you just aren’t that into it, or even if you just found someone else you’d rather hook up with, it’s time to end things. But how? It is pretty simple actually; just tell him. Going into it, you both knew there were no emotions or commitment. It was inevitable that it would probably end somehow, so there should be no disappointment. A major flag that you should stop things before they get too complicated is if you start to get feelings for him. This doesn’t mean it can’t work out in the future, but you both need to be on the same page.

And if he is still only in it for the sex while you are starting to get into it emotionally, it is a recipe for disaster. Avoid the tears and confusion by ending things temporarily until you talk about it with him. Maybe the feelings will be mutual, but if not it is in both of your best interests to stop things for good. If you were good friends before, things should be able to go back to normal without too much awkwardness.

In the end, you know what is right for yourself. Being friends with benefits shouldn’t make you feel stressed and tied down. As long as you are both happy and having fun, there is no need to rock the boat. Always remember to be safe and enjoy your time together. If things have to end, look at it as experience. There are plenty of fish in the sea, so don’t be afraid to test the waters!

Photos courtesy of:
Screenrant.com
Outblush.com
gotsole.wordpress.com
allposters.com