This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Exhaustion. Overwhelmed. Anxious. Happy. Depressed. Worthlessness. Self-hate. Proud. Tired. Doubtful. Me

In my last article for the insecurities series, I said I would tell you about what I had found out. I had written an article in the past about my PCOS. This is what changed the game. Not only do I have PCOS, but I also have hypothyroidism. This makes it hard to lose weight for me. This is my biggest insecurity. I wish I could go to stores and get that shirt I love, or go anywhere without being looked up and down, or order food without feeling bad about myself. Finding out that the reason why is because of my disease is eye-opening and heartbreaking. I feel like I will never be skinny and feel good about myself. All I can think about is that I am going to be a doctor. I have never seen a fat doctor. How can I influence people on health if I look like this? This is what kills me and eats me at night. PCOS has made me feel disgusting and proud, depressed, and human. I have really bad downs during this time and I am happy I made it through them. I hope others with this disease know that we all feel like this. Like I said we are human. I am always here to talk to anyone struggling and if anyone just wants a friend to relate to I am here.

My Instagram: alicia2330_ 

DM me if you feel like this because nobody should ever feel like this! You are loved, don’t feel like you are bothering me.

couple hugging
Photo by Priscilla Du Preez from Unsplash

Alicia is an aspiring doctor. She intends to graduate from IUP in 2022 and attend Medical School directly after to become a medical doctor specializing in pediatrics. She enjoys watching movies, hanging with friends, and community service. She is a dog lover and has a pug names Porky that makes her smile on her worst days. Family is everything to her as you probably have read.