How You Know You Found a Best Friend for Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

At this age, friends come and go. Sometimes; however, you find a friend that you know will be around throughout your entire life.

1. You don’t have to talk to them all the time.

You can go days, weeks, or months without talking to them. When you see each other again, you can pick up right where you left off without missing a beat.

2. You don’t have to entertain each other when you hangout.

You’re both perfectly content to just sit and watch TV and just be in each other’s presence.

3. You miss them as soon as you’re apart.

Even if you spent the whole day together, as soon as they leave you immediately miss them.

4. You know almost everything about them.

Everything from their favorite ice cream flavor to who they had a crush on in middle school.

5. Your parents think of your friend as being their other child.

When your friend is always at your house, your parents start to just consider them part of the family.

6. You can communicate just by looks.

An eyebrow raise or slight eye roll is all it takes to let them know what you’re thinking.

7. People ask where your friend is if they don’t see you together.

If you’re usually seen with your best friend, people find it odd when you’re not together.

8. You get mistaken for siblings.

Even though you may not look alike, people still think you’re related.

9. They’re always there for you when you need to vent.

When you’re feeling stressed, your best friend is your go-to person to let it all out to.

10. You don’t have to impress them.

They don’t care if you’re wearing sweatpants and no makeup or if you have a huge pimple on your face. As long as you’re together, you’re both happy.

Even though some of my friendships have come and gone, I know my best friends will be here for life.

(Cover photo courtesy of theodysseyonline.com)

Gifs: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.