This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

If you’re like me, you’re always interested to hear how couples met. There are Instagram pages dedicated to “How We Met” and “How They Asked” stories. With Valentine’s Day coming up, I decided to look into the stories of how four celebrity couples met and fell in love.

1. David Beckham & Victoria Beckham

After seeing Victoria in a Spice Girls music video, David turned to his friend and told him she was the woman he was going to marry. They later met at a football game, but David passed up his opportunity to ask her out. A few weeks later, they met again, and David asked for her number which led to them going on their first date. In 1999, David and Victoria got married in Dublin, Ireland. They are still happily married and have four children, Brooklyn, Romeo, Harper, and Cruz.

(Photo via Today)

(Photo via Business Advice)

2. Ellen DeGeneres & Portia de Rossi

It was love at first sight for Ellen and Portia when they met at a party in 2000, but nothing happened since Portia was still struggling with her sexuality and had not come out to the public yet. A couple years later, Ellen and Portia crossed paths again backstage at an awards show. Portia, who was dating Francesca Gregorini, ended their relationship to be with Ellen. In 2005, they were dating and had moved in together. By 2008, Ellen and Portia got married in Beverly Hills and in 2010 Portia changed her name to Portia Lee James DeGeneres.

(Photo via Insider)

(Photo via Huffington Post)

3. Ashton Kutcher & Mila Kunis

Ashton and Mila met when they were both cast for “That 70’s Show”. They had their first onscreen first kiss together and Mila, only 14 years old at the time and having never kissed someone, was nervous since Ashton was five years old than her. After Ashton left the show in 2005, he married Demi Moore, but their marriage ended in 2011. Mila and Macaulay Culkin, who had been dating since 2002, also broke up in 2011. Ashton and Mila met again in 2012 at the Golden Globe Awards and started seeing each other for a few years. In 2015, Ashton and Mila got married in Oak Glen, California, and now have two kids, Wyatt and Dimitri.

(Photo via ET Canada)

(Photo via E! News)

4. John Legend & Chrissy Teigen

After meeting on the set for John’s music video “Stereo”, John and Chrissy hit it off, but didn’t become an official couple right away. With John away on tour, he said he “fell in love with [Chrissy] over the phone because she is good with those 140 characters” (ET)”. Shortly after they started dating, Chrissy decided to go on tour with John. In 2011, John proposed to Chrissy while on a trip to the Maldives. During their engagement, Chrissy appeared in another of John’s music videos, “All of Me”, this time as his fiancée. John and Chrissy got married in 2013 in Lake Como and now how have two kids, Luna and Miles.

(Photo via Billboard)

(Photo via Yahoo! Finance)

Who’s your favorite celebrity power couple?

Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.